Glitter Glaze Epoxy System
Glitter Glaze Coating Systems are a combination of:
- EPO100T® Tinted Epoxy (Base Coat)
- EPO100G® Glaze Epoxy + 1101 APC Glitter
- 500T® Tetrathane UV or similar (Top Coat)
To form a complete system, you will need to order all products.
Glitter Glaze Epoxy System
The APC Glitter System is a spectacular decorative flooring system that is hardwearing and low maintinence.
APC Glitter Glaze is specially formulated using EPO100G® Glaze Epoxy with an APC Glitter which is applied with a roller, brush or squeegee.
These finished product is a high end designer floor with a smooth, glass like finish with depth that has a unique bright sparkle.
The APC system requires a primer coat of EPO100T® Tinted Epoxy, EPO100G® Glaze coat with APC Glitter is added at 10% Volume and a final coat of Urethane.
The finished product is a high-end designer floor with a smooth, glass like finish with depth that has a unique bright sparkle.
Application & Mixing Guide
1. The surface needs to be clean and free of all contaminants.
2. Make sure relative humidity is below 75% and there will be no rain in the 12-hour period following application.
3. Repair any cracks and defects with APC’s Epoxy Putty Concrete Repair Kit.
4. A primer coat of EPO100T® is usually applied using 10% Epoxy Thinners.
5. Ensure that the primer coat has thoroughly sealed the surface. This coat should look even and covered in full, not patchy in any way.
6. Once primer coat has dried (8-10 hours) you are now ready to apply the Glitter Glaze Coat. First sand the primer coat with a 100-grit sanding screen or paper, vacuum debris and use a microfibre mop to collect all dust.
7. Mix 1L of Metallic Tint for every 30L of Glaze and pour on the floor in long trails at the rate of 1 Litre per square meter.
**DO NOT USE THINNERS ON THIS STEP**
8. Use spiked shoes to spread the Glitter Glaze Coat with a squeegee or lint free roller (microfibre short nap is suitable).
9. Once the Glitter Glaze Coat is cured (24-48 hours) a clear top coat can be applied. Use either Tetrathane® (non-yellowing Urethane) or SPA60 Polyaspartic.
10. 24 hours after the clear coat has been applied the surface is ready for light foot traffic, full cure is 7 days, Vehicle Traffic 7 Days.
Mixing Ratio: 10% By Volume
Spread Rate: EPO100T 3 – 6m2 / L (2 coats are required)
Glitter 3kg/30L of EPO100G (Glaze)
* Read the TDS and SDS prior to use.
* Coverage rates for coatings are based on smooth dense surfaces. The surface texture and porosity of the concrete can vary considerably and allowance should be made for this.
* Devices such as digital cameras, computer monitors, printers, and scanners produce colour differently. Therefore, the sample or product may not look exactly like the image that you see on your screen.