EPO100TP® Pool Epoxy Coating Kit Tinted 20L - Standard Colour Range
- Product Code: EPO100TP-20
- Availability: In Stock
- EPO100TP will not be damaged by rain or moisture contacting the surface more than ~3 hours after completion of application. Any milky discolouration caused by early moisture is ON, not IN, the coating. This is only a surface bloom and does not affect lasting properties. You can expect this to dissipate within a month of the pool being filled with water. DO NOT enter the pool for 7 days after completion. Take care when walking in the empty pool as the smooth surface is very slippery when wet.
- Any leaves or insects that may have been trapped in the surface of the coating while drying may be removed by lightly scraping off after 7 days. Leaf stains on the surface will generally disappear within a week or so after the pool is filled and chlorinated.
- Stains occasionally present within the pool coating, commonly yellow in colour, as a result of excess hardener leaching to the surface of the coating. This staining can occur about one month after the coating is applied. The stain will gradually disappear as the pool chalks. This will take approximately 2-3 months during summer and 3-4 months during winter. However, this is rare.
- Rainwater collected in the pool will not harm the coating, but may leave a blooming mark as explained in point 1.
- The pool should not be filled for ~10 days after completion in summer, or ~15 days winter.
- In summer, promptly after filling the pool, new water should be Super Chlorinated for the first night and sediment on the floor vacuumed. Continuous filtration should be carried out for 24 hours until the water becomes crystal clear. Salt in saltwater pools may be added as soon as the pool is filled. NOTE: In winter these programs may be delayed by up to a week after filling.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Total Alkalinity (TA) of pool water should be adjusted to 160 ppm and maintained in the range 140 160 ppm. Addition of ~ 1kg bicarb soda (cooking soda) per 8,000L is usually sufficient for new or fresh pool water (9kg/72kl or 10kg/80kl). White powdery deposits on the coating surface generally indicate low Total Alkalinity (TA).
If these powdery deposits are allowed to develop unchecked, this may result in reduced life expectancy of the coating due to abrasive action of Automatic pool cleaners on the coating. An early indication of this is “pick-up” of colour on hands and feet. NB: CHALKING is a natural process during the life of the epoxy coating and is not a result of any defect in the epoxy. However, by minimising chalking, you will maximise the life of the painted surface. To minimise chalking, Total Alkalinity (TA) should be checked regularly and maintained within the range 140-160 ppm all year round.
- Maintain a pH between 7.2-7.6
- CLEANING/MAINTENANCE: In much the same way as you would cut back and polish your car from time to time as well as more frequent washing, we strongly recommend that you make a routine of vigorously brushing the walls and floor areas of the pool followed by 8 hours filtering. This should be done monthly in summer (every 6-8 weeks in cooler periods). This routine will help present a smooth, glossy, hygienic (non-algae supporting) surface to the pool water and will greatly enhance the longevity of the epoxy coating, particularly when using Calcium Hypochlorite.
To Download Click Here: Pool Epoxy Installation Instructions
Pool Epoxy Resin Tinted EPO100TP®
EPO100TP® is a High-performance Pool Epoxy that is 100% solids, two-pack cycloaliphatic amine cured epoxy pool resin system which has been designed and manufactured by APC. It is high gloss, self-levelling and colour stable.
EPO100TP® Pool Epoxy is designed for use in a wide range of environments where a lasting solution is required. The exceptional resistance to a wide variety of chemicals makes this product ideal for use in wet environments.
EPO100TP® Pool Epoxy is both a DIY and trade product which is highly user and installer friendly.
If the pool has been previously painted in Chlorinated Rubber, EPO100TP® Pool Epoxy CANNOT be applied over the top.
Epoxy Putty is available for crack repair prior to application if required.
Spread Rate: 3 – 6m2 / L (2 coats are required, 3 coats can be applied for longevity)
- 10 x 5m (1.5m avg. depth, 60,000L) would require = 32L x (2 Coats), 40L x (3 Coats)
- 8 x 4m (1.5m avg. depth, 45 - 50,000L) would require = 20L x (2 Coats), 32L x (3 Coats)
- 6 x 3m (1.5m avg. depth, 30 - 35,000L) would require = 12L x (2 Coats), 20L x (3 Coats)
*Read the TDS and SDS prior to use *Devices such as digital cameras,computer monitors, printers, and scanners produce colour differently. Therefore, the sample or product may not look exactly like the image that you see on your screen. *Coverage rates for coatings are based on smooth dense surfaces. The surface texture and porosity of the concrete can vary considerably and allowances should be made for this. *Premium colour range may attract a surcharge.
|Kit||1 x 15L Epoxy Resin Tinted PART A EPO100TP 1 x 5L Epoxy Hardener PART B EPO100TPH|