Metallic Coating Kits are a combination of EPO100T, EPO100G, 350M & 500T. To form a complete system you will need to order all products.
|Silver||Pearl||Copper||Gun Metal||Brass||Crimson Red||Bronze||Emerald|
|Light Red||Rust||Deep Ocean||Violet||Sea Breeze|
As the APC Metallic System is decorative, hardwearing and low maintenance.
The versatility of this flooring system along with the number of Metallic Tint options means from project to project, prices need to be worked out on an each project basis.
APC manufacture a standard range of colours as shown however also have the ability to produce custom colours/tints on request. * Surcharges may apply for custom tints.
APC Metallic Floor Systems are a specially formulated epoxy with a pearlescent metallic pigment which is either applied with a roller or squeegee.
The APC system requires a primer coat of EPO100T, EPO100G Glaze coat with metallic tints added, an optional UV resistant Urethane Tetrathane, UV resistant Polyaspartic Sparta100 or 100% Solids epoxy glaze coat EPO100G.
The finished look is a smooth, glass like finish that has a unique and subtle reflective sparkle.
No two floors will ever look the same with endless creative techniques that can be used to create a style that you can call your own.
13 great colour choices, Silver Metallic can be translucently tinted to refelct any colour of your choice. Provides a beautiful three-dimensional appearance that gives the illusion of ripples, craters and swirl.
Can be used in:
Application & Mixing Guide.
1. The surface needs to be clean and free of all contaminants.
2. Make sure relative humidity is below 75% and there will be no rain in the 12 hour period following application.
3. Repair any cracks and defects with APC’s Epoxy Putty Concrete Repair Kit.
4. A black or very dark primer coat of EPO100T is usually applied using 15% - 20% Epoxy Thinners.
5. Ensure that the primer coat has thoroughly sealed the surface, if in doubt apply another primer coat of EPO100T using 10% 150 Epoxy Thinners. This coat should look even and covered in full, not patchy in any way.
6. Once primer coat has dried (8-10 hours) you are now ready to apply the Metallic Coat. First sand the primer coat with a 100 grit sanding screen or paper, vacuum debris and use a microfibre mop to collect all dust.
7. Mix Metallic Coat to specifications noted below and pour on the floor in long trails at the rate of 1 litre per square meter.
8. Use spiked shoes to spread the Metallic Coat with a squeegee or lint free roller (microfibre short nap is suitable).
9. Once the Metallic Coat is cured (24-48 hours) a clear top coat can be applied. Use either Tetrathane (non-yellowing Urethane) ,EPO100G Clear Glaze or Sparta100 Polyaspartic.
10. 24 hours after the clear coat has been applied the surface is ready for light foot traffic, full cure is 7 days, Vehicle Traffic 7 Days.
Metallic Coat Mixing Guide.
Please ensure you read and follow application instructions which can be found within the Data Sheet of each products prior to application.